Infidelity and cheating on the part of a spouse is just like a breach of trust. It is a common practice to trust your partner impeccably as trusting one another gives you a sense of security and an unmatched comfort level.
No one really wishes to think that a spouse might be lying or cheating when it comes to infidelity. It often happens that one partner tends to overlook a spouse’s infidelity as very knowledge is too painful to acknowledge. This also explains why the wife or husband are the last people to know about the spouse’s infidelity.
Cheaters usually exploit their partner’s trusting nature by just telling the partner what exactly they want to hear.
Signs of a Cheating Spouse
Signs of infidelity differ from relationship to relationship, so no one rule applies to detect your spouse’s behaviour in such circumstances. Cheating spouses exploit their partner’s trust but some warning signs are obviously visible. Any particular behaviour cannot be explained as a sign of cheating as there could be multiple interpretations for it.
He/She might keep long hours at work or comes home late or dismiss your queries with silence or excuses. Looking for signs of infidelity thus tends to increase your own suspicions. Your doubts or suspicions are going to make it more difficult to catch a cheating spouse or discover the truth as for cheaters trust and suspicion tend to work in their favour.
Discovering the Truth
A suspicious spouse who keeps interrogating her partner makes it difficult for her partner to get discovered, despite popular beliefs. A cheating spouse often gets caught either accidentally or by a constantly monitoring partner. Mostly infidelity and deception gets discovered by mistake. It could be the husband or wife returning home early, an e-mail or an SMS either read by the spouse or sent by mistake to a wrong person.
It can also be a parking ticket revealing the spouse’s whereabouts or sometimes a third party unintentionally reveals the truth. Although monitoring a spouse is an effective way to find what is actually going on in a relationship, but spying can definitely cause problems too. Actually, it really is unethical to monitor a husband or wife without his or her knowledge but when it comes to a cheating partner there has to be some way to get the truth out. If the problem has to be fixed it involves acknowledgement and accounting of the issues.
Tips for Catching a Cheating Spouse:
Once you are sure that your spouse is cheating on you, the best way is to collect some practical evidence before you confront your partner.
- Keeping a record of your spouse’s daily activities like time, dates, excuses given and even people involved. You could also compare phone bills, credit card statements or ATM withdrawals as cheating spouses are most likely to change their story or even question your memory. This is where your record will come in handy.
- Record the time and number of all incoming and outgoing calls. Check call log of your spouse for an unusual amount of calls. It is a common practice for cheating spouses to store their lover’s number under a false name.
- Break all trust and spy on your spouse’s communications. It could be texts or tweets, e-mails or computer applications.
- Give your spouse a surprise visit at work or come home earlier than usual. You could tell your spouse that you will be working late but come home early.
- Sometimes surveillance equipment like hidden cameras and voice activated recorders can be used. Beware! if this is detected it can cause legal issues. You could even download computer monitoring software to monitor your spouse’s activities.
- Make sure to never confront your spouse until you are absolutely certain and have enough evidence to get a confession. Cheating spouses will try and create stories to fit the shreds of evidence presented and try to dismiss your accusations.
- Besides these there are other techniques, products and services to catch a spouse who is cheating on you like GPS Tracking Devices for Infidelity, Cell Phone Monitoring Applications, Forensic Infidelity Tests, Searching for Spouse’s Online Profiles or even Private Investigators.
Although it is advisable and helpful to talk to your partner to solve any relationship problems but when it comes to infidelity this is not the case. A cheating spouse will never admit his/her fault unless presented with proper evidence.